Journeys begin with...

Journeys begin with...
... small steps.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The way I see it is... frankly, worrying.

I was in a charity shop the other day, looking at some books. One work in particular caught my eye; the author, hitherto unknown to me, was named Scot Land. Another glance and I nearly laughed out loud upon realising that it was a book entitled, 'Scotland'. Later, I saw a book entitled 'Ellington - Master of Strategy'. Being something of a jazz fan I thought I'd take a closer look. Upon inspection, it turned out to be 'Wellington - Man of Strategy'. At this, I did giggle nervously - and received suspicious repressed English glances for this outrageous breach of conformity.

It might be that I'm stoopid; but I like to think it's the effect of CFS-induced insomnia. Seriously, there is a moderately competant human being in here somewhere. Goodnight....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Colin,

clearly you aren't "stoopid", as you got the joke. Eventually you caught on to the fact that you were reading it wrong....had you been intellectually challenged, its doubtful you would be laughing in the bookstore.

sounds like a very unique strain of brain fog to me.

I loved the Scot land story. brilliant!!!

I think its great that we are able to laugh at our challenges. It's totally going to help us get through this, as sanely as possible.

Gerry Bunt said...

Agreed! Laughter is an essential balm as far as I'm concerned Laura. That was a 'bad brain' day, turned into a bit of a giggle. We need alchemy like that, don't we. Sometimes we can't laugh, of course - and, as we both know, there's nothing wrong with tears some times.

With regard to me being 'stoopid', if someone wanted a straight answer from me about that one I'd have to reply that I'm, "clever stupid" (I think there should be a hyphen between them).

Cheers ~ Colin

Naomi J. said...

Ah, that brain fog. I'm just discovering it, and how much fun it is. Forgetting words is my favourite thing. It's so much fun in the classroom! (I get my students to fill in the blanks and tell them its for their own learning benefit. *grin*)