Journeys begin with...

Journeys begin with...
... small steps.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Up with the bats and the birds - Fri. 13th October

Finally knodded off at around 1:45am and awoke, suddenly, at 4:30. Not an untypical experience for me. I do not get wound-up by this anymore. On this occasion I lay in bed for a while, running through a gentle routine of stretching and relaxing my muscles, from toe to head. Upon concluding this little ritual I decided to get up, and quietly came downstairs.

Yesterday was a quiet one. I had some stomach pains, but these were bearable. Energy levels not too bad at all (a bit of a dip in the afternoon, that's all), and just a few mild aches in the limbs. All-in-all, pretty good. I tried reading for a while, but just could not hold the information... cest la vie!

I am now off to write some 'things to do' in my little reminder pad. Postick notes, calendar, mobile phone organiser and oven timer are all important memory aides in my life now. When I worked with dyslexic students as an Advisor, I remember encouraging them to use all these means to improve their functioning... which reminds me, I must get a book out about mnemonic memory techniques ( probably Tony Buzan's - although I can't stand the smug little git!). I have some ideas about exercising this brain, which I will share at some future date, no doubt.

No comments: