Journeys begin with...

Journeys begin with...
... small steps.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Relief at Diagnosis

I have been very uncomfortable over the last few days. Had a pain centred on the area of my belly button. Yesterday the doctor diagnosed me as suffering from an umbilical hernia. He pushed the 'extrusion' back in (ie putting my insides back inside!) which brought instant relief. I am going to have to have an operation, but at least it is mendable.

I continue to suffer from an upset stomach, and this is most probably Irritable Bowel Syndrome (the blood tests and stool sample don't indicate any anomalies). Apparently, this means I will have an enema followed by an endoscopy (camera up my arse!) on the day of my operation. Wow! I just can't wait for that day to come...

I was going to write something else, but I just can't recall that thought at all so I will go now.

Bye ~ Colin

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Colin,

Just checking in to see how you are doing. I havent seen anything new from you lately, so I was wondering how you were feeling.

Is everything ok???

Unknown said...

Excellent blog and love the picture. It helps to read it, cheers,

Sophie

Colin said...

Hi Sophie

Thank you very much for your kind comments. It's been more than two years since I updated this blog. In fact, I lost my log-in details (M.E. memory!). However, I've remembered log-in again, so I may update with the story of my progress back to work etc.

In the meantime, do click on my name and you'll get through to my current blog, 'That's the Whole Perspective'. This is the place where I discuss my experiments in helping to improve wellbeing (both, for me and with those around me).

I'll comment on your blog as well.

All the best!
~ Colin
<*((((><(

Colin said...

Well, it has been a long time since I last commented here. I'm glad to say that, although I still experience M.E. symptoms, my condition is manageable nowadays. Indeed, I returned to paid work over three years ago now, and I carry the things I learned during my darkest days as I work to support others. Things can get better, and they sometimes do. It might be impossible to image that if you're in the trough of an episode, but it is so. Never give up!